Kickin' it old school....

Posted by Aislinn on ,
Seriously, I am having a LOVE affair with this "new" find!

Have you ever watched your grandmother (or even grandmother's on tv) smear cream all over their face at night, either to remove the makeup, or even sleep with heavy white cream on their faces? They are using Cold Cream to clean their face and I strongly believe it's why I see some grandmothers with better skin than 20 year olds these days.

I have wanted to use cold cream for a while now, but I kept chickening out, thinking it would make me break out. I didn't understand how using cream could remove make-up well without causing acne. Then I did a google search on cold cream and those blogs I found talking about it LOVED it.

What is cold cream?
It's a cream that is designed to remove make-up and cleanse skin. The name comes from the cool feeling on your skin after use.

The most widely recognized cold cream is Pond's (mine doesn't say cleanser - just cold cream). I bought it on sale for about 6$ the other week:

How do you use it?
You literally smear it all over your face and neck and then wipe off with a tissue or a warm wet facecloth. This stuff is so old school, but I LOVE it. Seriously, after using it I wondered why I was worried about breaking out. Normally, we wash all the natural oils out of our face with harsh cleansers, then reapply cream. Why not skip a step? My face is SO soft the next day and the way it removes makeup is unreal. I usually use a liquid based eye makeup remover and always look like a raccoon the next morning no matter how clean I thought my eyes were. This never happens with this cold cream now.

So, I hope I continue to love it so I can grow up and have skin as soft and youthful as my Nanny!

0 comments:

Post a Comment